Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Eye Can See Clearly





On days like today, when the sun is bright and life itself seems to be hi-def, I find myself wanting to slow down and let the brilliance soak into my very soul; To close my eyes, point my face toward the sun and just enjoy the feeling. And the fact that I can feel at all. But when I do open my eyes I can't help but notice a myriad of things that make me want to thank God for implanting in me this thing called enjoyment. Here you will see a few of things I enjoyed today:
The first one is one of my favorite roads--it's virtually a tunnel and when it's warm and sunny everywhere else it's cool in the 'tunnel'.
In the second one, if you click on the picture you'll see there in the middle an older gentleman working his garden. It just looks so 'Americana'.
The house is an old one built around 1860 and is now a bed and breakfast. I just love the impeccable paint job and the way it seems to have been frozen in time.
The last one is simply a bunch of flowers growing wild and bowing to the breeze if for no other reason than out of respect.

What's not to enjoy?

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous pictures! And maybe you don't get the bright sunlight often, but it does take a lot of rain to make that beautiful green!

Steph said...

These pictures are beautiful! You really have a gift for seeing beauty in everyday things, John.

Lori said...

Before I read your post I clicked on that photograph of the little man in the garden. He reminds me of our elderly neighbor from years ago, Mr. McCarthy who lived across the alley. He was in his 90's and badly bent, but he was always out in his garden with his hat on his head and hoe in his hand. God love him.

That road is wonderful. It looks like a place I'd love to walk. Very 'Anne of Green Gables-ish'! And that tree beside the B&B (you gotta love THOSE) is so cool. Definitely full of character.

Lovely photographs, all of them.

Ame said...

"I can't help but notice a myriad of things that make me want to thank God for implanting in me this thing called enjoyment."

:)