Sunday, September 18, 2011

Some Sunday morning thoughts to throw out to the internets:

-Love, if not communicated, is merely assumption or a remembrance of the last time it was communicated.

-Much of life is spent reconciling the space between what I thought I wanted and what I got instead.

-If my heart could walk it would have a noticeable limp.

-The grass is always greenest where it's watered.

-Weeds work hard to grow their flowers, too.

-In this world of high-tech gadgetry there are so many ways to communicate and that's great, but I miss the good ole days of voice-to-ear communication. When was the last time you could tell how your friend was by their tone and body language? Silence is less uncomfortable when you're in the same room, sometimes.

-Healing is not a feeling.

-I think it's sad that atheists probably think about God more than believers do.

-Coffee is best when you don't think of it as bean juice.

Okay, now my brain is empty. I got everything out and now I got nothin'.

3 comments:

Ann said...

"Much of life is spent reconciling the space between what I thought I wanted and what I got instead."

very well worded. i was thinking about this yesterday ... just wasn't able to word it as well

Cheryl said...

All true except that last thing. I don't believe for a second that your brain is empty.

Anonymous said...

As Cheryl said, all true, especially, "Silence is less uncomfortable when you're in the same room, sometimes." I am saddened that the internet has replaced so much of our face-to-face interaction. Better a little discomfort arising while in the same room than the oft times silly misunderstandings that would have never taken place if we had seen the unspoken in our friend’s eyes and demeanor. We were meant for togetherness. Real togetherness. --Mom C