Sunday, June 16, 2013

Grand Father

A happy Father's Day can be achieved just by knowing that my kids are all well and well aware of how much they are loved. That being the case, I am a happy father this Father's Day.

Being a dad has been--and remains--the greatest joy in my life. It is how I have learned how much my Father in heaven loves me. It matters not to Him whether I am feeling great and glorious or down and desperate, His love for me isn't dependent on ME. It's who He is. His love for me doesn't hinge on me at all. He loves me because He is my dad. There's nothing I can do to make Him love me more and there's nothing I can do to make Him love me less.

For the record, that makes me feel grand and glorious!

2 comments:

Ame said...

you know ... the title was a bit misleading :)

Anonymous said...

John,
My Dad is gone, passed away in 2004 and I miss him terribly, and now our son and family are in the process of moving to Dallas. I am thankful though for my "Grand Father," as you so aptly phrased it, who loves me even when I'm not so loveable or simply feeling down--for the knowing that He is always there for me.
Thank you again for your wise words.
Mom C.