Sunday, November 08, 2009

Words to Nowhere

I'm sitting alone in the dark, writing words to nowhere. I'm lonely. And tired of it. It all sounds so pathetic, doesn't it? Especially from a man who has faith in The God that is big enough to make Himself small enough to fit in his heart. Doesn't make much sense, does it? The fact is, I am loved so far beyond the widest edge of my imagination that it makes my head swim if I think about it long enough. And yet this persistent loneliness won't leave me alone. Humanness sucks on Sunday nights. And it doesn't make sense.

2 comments:

Lori said...

No man is an island. God didn't make us to stand alone or only beside Him. Feeling lonely doesn't make you have any less faith. It simply says that you are in tune with what He wants for us. If you lived closer I'd invite you over for some hot tea on this drizzly, cold autumn night.

Ann said...

ditto Lori