Sunday, April 12, 2009

Open for Easter

It's Easter!! So, Happy Easter to you!

I was pretty encouraged today. After I went to church today with my boys, we went to Starbucks for some hot chocolate/coffee and there were a LOT of people in fairly dressy garb there. Now, that in and of itself isn't so much where I found the encouragement, but I knew that somewhere in that fact there must have been someone asking themselves why; Why do people make such a big deal of this Easter thing? At least, I'm hoping people might ask themselves. And in asking themselves they might conjure up enough curiosity to look it up on the internet or, who knows, maybe even the Bible.

On my way home I noticed I was low on fuel so I thought I'd go to Costco to get some gas. Well, as I pulled in to the parking lot it was obvious that Costco was closed. THAT had to get some people wondering...what's such a big deal about Easter that even COSTCO closes?? I mean, I have to admit I was a little irked at the fact myself. But only momentarily. As I continued on my way home I notice that Taco Time and Little Caesar's and a couple of local joints were also closed. I figure if enough people were inconvenienced by these little closures maybe just one or two of them would wonder long enough to investigate. And maybe, just maybe they'd come to understand that Jesus was inconvenienced a whole lot more than they'll ever be just so He and they could be friends...forever, and that He"s still alive today.

Because He is alive, so am I!!!

1 comment:

Ame said...

:)

i love the way you *see* things