Monday, August 25, 2008

A Late Summer's Night Song


I'm a whistler by default. And by that I mean that I whistle a LOT! Without really being conscious of it. Today as I was tooling my way up a long dirt driveway I was whistling fairly loudly I guess, because when I got to the woman's house she said, "I could hear you whistling all the way up my road. What a lovely song that was. What was it?" I, of course, was kind of embarrassed having not known I was being listened to and not really even knowing I was whistling said, "Uh, I don't really know." "Well, whatever it was" she said, "keep it up."

Two hours later as I was making the hour drive back to my building I realized I was doing it again...whistling by default. It was the same song I had stuck in my head all day. Who knows why? I surely don't, but I do know it's one of the best songs I've ever heard and it always reminds me of summer.

So...enjoy :)


Mixwit make a mixtapeMixwit mixtapes

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Such a haunting song. Van Gogh is my favorite artist... because of your post, I went and found this. You might enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the song. It's truly beautiful, and now it's stuck in my mind. :-)
Keep Whistling, Mom McS

Steph said...

Oh I LOVE that song! And thanks, McSwain for that link. That was beautiful!

Lori said...

Josh Groban also sings this song and it's also beautiful. Whistling is a good thing. I used to sing ALL THE TIME. Not so much anymore. I think I need music back in my life...
Thanks for sharing.